This Italian coffee drink is traditionally made with espresso, hot milk, and topped with foamed milk, often prepared with a milk steamer for a thicker froth.
But what if you don’t have a milk steamer?
No problem! AllaFiorentina shows you how to make a cappuccino even if you don’t have a milk steamer. Here’s everything you need:
- Whisk and a glass
- Step 1 Make the espresso how you usually do.
- Step 2 Heat ½ cup of milk (using a microwave or stove top) until it’s on the verge of boiling.
- Step 3 Use the whisk to whip the milk to a thick froth, but without any big bubbles.
- Step 4 Swirl the milk in a glass, condensing the foam together.
- Step 5 Tap it on the counter to pop bigger bubbles.
- Step 6 Rinse and repeat until the foam looks nice and creamy.
- Step 7 Pour the milk into the espresso after that last swirl, swaying your wrist from side to side so the foam comes out before the rest of the milk.